ASHLEY MCCARTHY – CHOCOLATIER needs to collect and use certain types of information about the Individuals or Service Users who come into contact with ASHLEY MCCARTHY – CHOCOLATIER in order to carry on our work. This personal information must be collected and dealt with appropriately whether is collected on paper, stored in a computer database, or recorded on other material and there are safeguards to ensure this under the General Data Protection Regulations 2018.
- Data Controller
ASHLEY MCCARTHY – CHOCOLATIERis theData Controller under the Act, which means that it determines what purposes personal information held, will be used for. It is also responsible for notifying the Information Commissioner of the data it holds or is likely to hold, and the general purposes that this data will be used for.
ASHLEY MCCARTHY – CHOCOLATIER may share data with other agencies such asthe local authority, funding bodies and other voluntary agencies.
The Individual/Service User will be made aware in most circumstances how and with whom their information will be shared. There are circumstances where the law allows ASHLEY MCCARTHY – CHOCOLATIER to disclose data (including sensitive data) without the data subject’s consent.
- Carrying out a legal duty or as authorised by the UK Government
- Protecting vital interests of a Individual/Service User or other person
- The Individual/Service User has already made the information public
- Conducting any legal proceedings, obtaining legal advice or defending any legal rights
- Monitoring for equal opportunities purposes – i.e. race, disability or religion
- Providing a confidential service where the Individual/Service User’s consent cannot be obtained or where it is reasonable to proceed without consent: e.g. where we would wish to avoid forcing stressed or ill Individuals/Service Users to provide consent signatures.
ASHLEY MCCARTHY – CHOCOLATIER regards the lawful and correct treatment of personal information as very important to successful working, and to maintaining the confidence of those with whom we deal.
ASHLEY MCCARTHY – CHOCOLATIER Intends to ensure that personal information is treated lawfully and correctly.
To this end, ASHLEY MCCARTHY – CHOCOLATIER will adhere to the Principles of Data Protection and safeguarding, as detailed in the General Data Protection Regulations 2018.
Specifically, the Principles require that personal information:
- Shall be processed fairly and lawfully and, in particular, shall not be processed unless specific conditions are met,
- Shall be obtained only for one or more of the purposes specified in the Act, and shall not be processed in any manner incompatible with that purpose or those purposes,
- Shall be adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to those purpose(s)
- Shall be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date,
- Shall not be kept for longer than is necessary
- Shall be processed in accordance with the rights of data subjects under the Act,
- Shall be kept secure by the Data Controller who takes appropriate technical and other measures to prevent unauthorised or unlawful processing or accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal information,
- Shall not be transferred to a country or territory outside the European Economic Area unless that country or territory ensures an adequate level of protection for the rights and freedoms of Individuals/Service Users in relation to the processing of personal information.
ASHLEY MCCARTHY – CHOCOLATIER will, through appropriate management and strict application of criteria and controls:
- Observe fully conditions regarding the fair collection and use of information
- Meet its legal obligations to specify the purposes for which information is used
- Collect and process appropriate information, and only to the extent that it is needed to fulfill its operational needs or to comply with any legal requirements
- Ensure the quality of information used
- Ensure that the rights of people about whom information is held, can be fully exercised under the Act. These include:
- The right to be informed that processing is being undertaken,
- The right of access to one’s personal information
- The right to prevent processing in certain circumstances and
- The right to correct, rectify, block or erase information which is regarded as wrong information)
- Take appropriate technical and organisational security measures to safeguard personal information
- Ensure that personal information is not transferred abroad without suitable safeguards
- Treat people justly and fairly whatever their age, religion, disability, gender, sexual orientation or ethnicity when dealing with requests for information
- Set out clear procedures for responding to requests for information
- Data collection
Informed consent is when
- An Individual/Service User clearly understands why their information is needed, who it will be shared with, the possible consequences of them agreeing or refusing the proposed use of the data
- And then gives their consent.
ASHLEY MCCARTHY – CHOCOLATIER will ensure that data is collected within the boundaries defined in this policy. This applies to data that is collected in person, or by completing a form.
When collecting data, ASHLEY MCCARTHY – CHOCOLATIER will ensure that the Individual/Service User:
- Clearly understands why the information is needed
- Understands what it will be used for and what the consequences are should the Individual/Service User decide not to give consent to processing
- As far as reasonably possible, grants explicit consent, either written or verbal for data to be processed
- Is, as far as reasonably practicable, competent enough to give consent and has given so freely without any duress
- Has received sufficient information on why their data is needed and how it will be used
- Data Storage
Information and records relating to service users will be stored securely and will only be accessible to authorised staff and volunteers.
Information will be stored for only as long as it is needed or required statute and will be disposed of appropriately.
It is ASHLEY MCCARTHY – CHOCOLATIER responsibility to ensure all personal and company data is non-recoverable from any computer system previously used within the organisation, which has been passed on/sold to a third party.
- Data access and accuracy
All Individuals/Service Users have the right to access the information ASHLEY MCCARTHY – CHOCOLATIER holds about them ASHLEY MCCARTHY – CHOCOLATIER will also take reasonable steps ensure that this information is kept up to date by asking data subjects whether there have been any changes.
In addition, ASHLEY MCCARTHY – CHOCOLATIER will ensure that:
- It has a Data Protection Officer with specific responsibility for ensuring compliance with Data Protection
- Everyone processing personal information understands that they are contractually responsible for following good data protection practice
- Everyone processing personal information is appropriately trained to do so
- Everyone processing personal information is appropriately supervised
- Anybody wanting to make enquiries about handling personal information knows what to do
- It deals promptly and courteously with any enquiries about handling personal information
- It describes clearly how it handles personal information
- It will regularly review and audit the ways it hold, manage and use personal information
- It regularly assesses and evaluates its methods and performance in relation to handling personal information
- All staff are aware that a breach of the rules and procedures identified in this policy may lead to disciplinary action being taken against them
This policy will be updated as necessary to reflect best practice in data management, security and control and to ensure compliance with any changes or amendments made to the General Data Protection Regulations 2018.
In case of any queries or questions in relation to this policy please contact the ASHLEY MCCARTHY – CHOCOLATIER Data Protection Officer.
2.1 This document relates to the website www.ashleymccarthy.co.uk
- About cookies
3.1 A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
3.2 Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
3.3 Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
3.4 Cookies can be used by web servers to identify and track users as they navigate different pages on a website and identify users returning to a website.
- Our cookies
4.1 We use both session and persistent cookies on our website.
4.2 The names of the cookies that we use on our website, and the purposes for which they are used, are set out below:
(a) we useCookies to recognise a computer when a user visits our website & track users as they navigate the website
- Analytics cookies
5.1 We use Google Analytics to analyse the use of our website.
5.2 Our analytics service provider generates statistical and other information about website use by means of cookies.
5.3 The analytics cookies used by our website have the following names: [_ga, _gat, __utma, __utmt, __utmb, __utmc, __utmz and __utmv].
5.4 The information generated relating to our website is used to create reports about the use of our website.
- Third party cookies
6.1 Our website also uses third party cookies.
6.2 We publish information through third part cookies.
6.3 Details of the third party cookies used by our website are set out below:
- Blocking cookies
7.1 Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies; for example:
(a) in Internet Explorer (version 11) you can block cookies using the cookie handling override settings available by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy” and then “Advanced”;
(b) in Firefox (version 47) you can block all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Options”, “Privacy”, selecting “Use custom settings for history” from the drop-down menu, and unticking “Accept cookies from sites”; and
(c) in Chrome (version 52), you can block all cookies by accessing the “Customise and control” menu, and clicking “Settings”, “Show advanced settings” and “Content settings”, and then selecting “Block sites from setting any data” under the “Cookies” heading.
7.2 Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
7.3 If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on our website.
- Deleting cookies
8.1 You can delete cookies already stored on your computer; for example:
(a) in Internet Explorer (version 11), you must manually delete cookie files (you can find instructions for doing so at http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/internet-explorer/delete-manage-cookies#ie=ie-11);
(b) in Firefox (version 47), you can delete cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Options” and “Privacy”, then selecting “Use custom settings for history” from the drop-down menu, clicking “Show Cookies”, and then clicking “Remove All Cookies”; and
(c) in Chrome (version 52), you can delete all cookies by accessing the “Customise and control” menu, and clicking “Settings”, “Show advanced settings” and “Clear browsing data”, and then selecting “Cookies and other site and plug-in data” before clicking “Clear browsing data”.
8.2 Deleting cookies will have a negative impact on the usability of many websites.
- Cookie preferences
- Our details
10.1 This website is owned and operated by ASHLEY MCCARTHY – CHOCOLATIER
10.2 Our principal place of business is at Block A, Unit 5, Gatehead Business Park, Delph New Road, High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire
10.3 You can contact us:
(a) by post, using the postal address given above;
(b) using our website contact form;
(c) by telephone, on 07772311873;
(d) by email, firstname.lastname@example.org